
Miss Potter
Ok, so this is a movie and not a book, but it's definitely literature-related, so I thought I'd include it in the blog. I just watched this movie and LOVED it. The plot (loosely) follows Beatrix Potter's life, her career as an author, and the development of her relationships with her publisher and parents. It gets off to a bit of a slow start, but after a few minutes I was very into it and I cried like a baby at one point. Of course, I wept during Sesame Street the other day, so I may not be the best barometer of a film's emotional impact. Still, I thought this movie was a great look at one of my favorite authors. Surprisingly, I even liked Renee Zellweger as Beatrix Potter; I always like Ewan McGregor as anybody, even with the moustache. The scenery is beautiful as well. Anyone want to visit the Lake Country with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment